"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

from Alice in Wonderland......






26.2.11

The art of growing Daphane







My Daphane is about 8 years old. I planted a scrawney 1 gallon plant in a 10 gallon black nursery pot, placed it in a landscaped area facing northeast, next to a bench. Watered it once or twice the first few years and mostly have just ignored it except when it blooms, which is now, end of Febuary this year. Wow, I wish you could smell it. Intoxicating and lemony and you just can't fill yourself up with enough of it! Like the opera! Or a handsome man with an expensive, glorious trademark scent...Yummy nose candy, that Daphane. The whole point of planting it in a pot is for the drainage. Since it is pretty much it's mature size now, I plan on leaving it just where it is. This is one of my most prized possessions!








No comments:

Post a Comment